Looking to shop online for DVI Cables at an affordable price in Nairobi, or elsewhere in Kenya?
Visit Dove Computers for high-quality DVI cables.
DVI (Digital Visual Interface) cables are cables used to transmit digital video signals from a source device, such as a computer or DVD player, to a display device, such as a monitor or projector. We have in store high-quality Cables from which you can choose from. Our cables are from all the top-rated brands that you love. Unlike VGA cables, which transmit analog signals, DVI cables transmit digital signals, resulting in a clearer and sharper image.
Types of Cables.
There are three types of DVI cables:
- DVI-A: This type of cable transmits only analog signals and is rarely in use.
- DVI-D: This type of cable transmits only digital signals and is the most commonly used type of DVI cable.
- DVI-I: This type of cable can transmit both analog and digital signals and is used when connecting devices that have different types of DVI ports.
DVI cables come in single-link and dual-link varieties. Single-link DVI cables have a maximum resolution of 1920×1200 pixels, while dual-link DVI cables can support resolutions up to 2560×1600 pixels.
These cables are slowly being replaced by other digital interfaces, such as HDMI and DisplayPort, which can carry audio as well as video signals.
Advantages of DVI Cables
- Higher Quality Video: The cables transmit digital signals, resulting in a clearer and sharper image than analog VGA cables. This is especially noticeable when displaying high-resolution video or images.
- Longer Cable Runs: The cables can transmit video signals over longer distances without experiencing signal loss, making them suitable for use in larger rooms or installations.
- Universal Compatibility: These cables are widely used in the computer industry, and many monitors and video cards still have DVI ports, making them universally compatible with a wide range of devices.
- Low Interference: They are less prone to electromagnetic interference than analog VGA cables, resulting in a more stable and reliable video signal.
- Dual-Link Support: The cables can support higher resolutions and refresh rates than single-link DVI cables, making them suitable for use with high-end displays, such as 4K monitors.
How to identify DVI Configuration
Best way to distinguish between various DVI interfaces is through the identification of pin configurations.
- DVI-A interface consists of three rows of which first row has 5, second has 3 pins and third row has 4 pins with two contacts above and below the flat blade.
- DVI-D Single Link has 3 rows of 6 pins and no contacts above or below the flat blade.
- DVI-D, Dual Link has 3 rows of 8 pins and no contacts above or below the flat blade.
- DVI-I Single Link has 3 rows of 6 pins and two contacts above and below the flat blade.
- DVI-I Dual Link has 3 rows of 8 pins and two contacts above and below the flat blade.
Use these cables to connect your digital LCD monitor to your computer’s video card for a speedier connection and higher image qualities. If you have a CRT monitor with a VGA connection, then you’ll need a DVI-A cable type to carry the DVI signal to your analog display.
Buy DVI cables online in Nairobi, Kenya or elsewhere in the country and get it delivered to you within 24 hours from Dove Computers.
Call us on +254 726 032 320 / + 254 792 793 349 to get your DVI cable or visit our offices at Revlon Plaza, 1st Floor Suite 2e, Biashara Street /Tubman Road